Please read and follow the recommendations in the following planning guides and event management templates. Failure to comply with the procedures outlined in the planning guides could preclude our office from providing CME credit for your future events.
Planning Guides and Examples: Managing the CME Process
We want your CME application to be successfully approved. Please read the appropriate planning guide to ensure you understand the expectations for your activity type(s), as well as to receive directing in writing practice gaps/learning needs/outcome objectives. We have also included a guide on how to evaluated your activity.
- Live Activity (Conference or Meeting) Planning Guide
- Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS, e.g., Grand Rounds) Planning Guide
- Enduring Materials Planning Guide
- Examples of Gaps, Needs, and Objectives for RSS Events (Grand Rounds, Tumor Boards, Case Conferences, etc.)
- Examples of Gaps, Needs, and Objectives for Live Conferences or Enduring Materials
Event Management Templates for Live and Enduring Materials Activities
After your live or enduring materials activity is approved, but before it occurs, you will need to complete/customize the following relevant documents to help manage your event. These are documents that, once customized, your participants will complete in order to evaluate your event and to receive a CME certificate with the appropriate amount of credit. A Conflict of Interset Resolution Form has also been included to resolve/manage any conflicts that speakers disclose. Finally, we have included an Excel spreadsheet template to use for reporting participant data to our offices after your live or enduring materials activity has concluded.
- CME Activity Survey/Evaluation Template
- CME Credit Request Template for a Live Meeting
- CME Certificate Template - Physicians
- CME Certificate Template - NON-Physicians
- Participant Reporting Spreadsheet (Live)
- Participant Reporting Spreadsheet (Enduring Materials)
Event Management Guidelines and Templates for Regularly Scheduled Series
The following documents apply to the management of Regularly Scheduled Series (grand rounds, case conferences, tumor boards, M&Ms, etc.) Please ensure that you use the appropriate "Direct" or "Joint" version of the documents. (Direct is University of Arizona College of Medicine; Joint is all other organizations/institutions.)
- Regularly Schedule Series (RSS) Guidelines/Expectations
- RSS Flyer/Announcement Template (Direct)
- RSS Flyer/Announcement Template (Joint)
- RSS Sign-in Sheet Template (Direct and Joint)
- RSS Survey/Evaluation Template (Direct and Joint)
Build a Meeting Registration Website with RegOnline
RegOnline offers a suite of services to facilitate online meeting promotion, registration, payment collection, and reporting. The services are based around a series of self-explanatory templates that allow you develop your customized meeting registration site. You can get an overview of the services available here.
University of Arizona College of Medicine departments and our joint providers can use our master agreement with RegOnline to create an online registration Website and collect registration fees.